DOES IT HURT?
Yes it hurts, but it is tolerable and nothing you can't handle. It feels like scratch or a bad sunburn.
CAN I GO SWIMMING AFTER BEING TATTOOED OR PIERCED?
You want to wait at least three weeks before going swimming. This promotes good healing for your tattoo or piercing.
WHAT DO I DO IF MY PIERCING GETS INFECTED?
Please contact your piercer - You may not have an infected piercing. The problem should be able to be solved without going to the doctor. Your piercer will advise you to go to the doctor if need be. The doctor will then put you on antibiotics. This will clear up your infection within two weeks. However, if a piercing is properly taken care of there is no reason for an infection.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
This is one of our most frequently asked questions. It's a lot like asking how much a car costs. The answer is really going to depend on what you want. The shop minimum for tattoos is $25. Pricing goes up from there. The size, location and the amount of detail for your tattoo will effect the price. Therefore the price may vary greatly from one tattoo to the next. Come in and ask your artist for an estimate if you need to know a price before you get started. DO NOT try to bargain with your tattoo artist like they’re some vendor in a Indonesian night market.
You wouldn’t go to the grocery store or a restaurant and try to talk a clerk or a waiter into lowering the price. If all you have is a certain amount, ask the artist (preferably up front) if they can work with that budget. Your artist will try to work with you as best as they can. If they can’t then wait and save up until you have the full amount. Bargaining in a tattoo shop is an exercise in bad taste, and the quickest way to tick your artist off.
If you’re tempted to bargain stop! If you cant afford the tattoo you want, talk to your artists and see if there’s a way to work out a payment plan (multi session/ pay as you go) or wait and save up. If you settle for something else, or even a smaller version than you really want, you’ll (probably) end up regretting it.
Remember: “Good tattoos aren’t cheap, cheap tattoos aren’t good”. People who “price shop” for tattoos end up with inferior tattoos- don’t let that happen to you.
For large scale custom work we charge an hourly rate of $150.
Tattoo artists DO NOT get paid an hourly wage - they earn a percentage of the money you pay for your tattoo. They depend heavily on tips to support themselves.
If you receive exceptional service, please show your appreciation by tipping.
Piercing Prices depend on the piercing -prices start at $35 and increase from there, all piercing prices Include piercing, jewelry as well as soap and sea salt. Call ahead for an exact price for a specific piercing.
CAN I DRINK BEFORE OR AFTER GETTING TATTOOED OR PIERCED?
Drinking Alcoholic beverages before a tattoo or piercing is prohibited.
As far as afterward, go right ahead. Have fun, but safely! Just remember if your tattoo still has a bandage on it, leave it alone. You can show your friends tomorrow - It will be there for the rest of your life.
WHEN CAN I CHANGE MY JEWELRY AFTER BEING PIERCED?
(recommended time may vary depending on your piercing) For a tongue 3 weeks, navel 3-6 months, nose 2 months eyebrow 2 months, earlobe 1 month, ear cart. 3-6 months, and nipples 3-6 months.
WHEN CAN I GET MY TATTOO TOUCHED UP?
You will want to wait at least 1 1/2 to 2 months before you get your tattoo touched up. This will give your skin enough time to regenerate and will make your touch up very simple. Most tattoos will not require a touch up for many years, if ever.
CAN'T I GET MY TOES OR FINGERS TATTOOED?
It is not recommended but is heavily in style. Any tattoo on your toes or fingers will (or not luckily) distort over time. In a couple of years you might or might not be able to tell what your tattoo is. We only want to put a tattoo on your body that will look good for the rest of your life.
WHAT KIND OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
We accept cash, VISA, MASTERCARD and DISCOVER. The gift certificates make excellent gifts for Christmas, Birthday, Wedding, etc...
HOW OLD DO I HAVE TO BE TO GET A TATTOO OR PIERCING?
You have to be at least 18 to get a tattoo. NO EXCEPTIONS! You can be 16 and get your navel, nose, eyebrow, or ear cartilage pierced. You have to be 18 to get any oral or genital piercings. NO EXCEPTIONS!
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING IN IF I AM UNDER 18 AND WANT TO BE PIERCED?
Your parent or guardian needs to be present. You will need the minor's and parent's drivers license or state I.D. If the minor and parent have different last names, you will need a birth certificate or divorce papers. A school I.D. with a birth certificate will be accepted in place of a driver's license.
Custom Work VS. Flash
If you have an idea in your head we can make it into a tattoo. You can also bring in your pictures, T-shirts, hats, posters etc. for us to work with. All of this is considered custom work.
If you choose to go for custom work it is best to set up a consultation appointment so you can talk one on one with an artist to discuss your ideas. A consultation usually takes about a half hour, and you can set up an appointment for your tattoo at your consultation.
Flash designs are stock designs we have on display on our walls and in books. These tattoos are already drawn and ready to go. You do not need a consultation if you choose to go with Flash. You can also combine multiple pieces of Flash together to get exactly what you are looking for.
You can also find ideas for tattoos at your local library or check out the internet - There are endless options! Just remember whatever way you choose to go the tattoo will be on your body for the rest of your life. Take your time and choose wisely!
Tattoo and Piercing After Care
1. Leave bandage on for 4-12 hours
2. Wash your hands before removing your bandage and EVERY time before you touch or wash your tattoo. Remember, most infections are caused by dirty hands.
3. After removing the bandage, wash your tattoo with non-scented bar soap, warm water & your finger tips. Be sure to remove any blood, ink or petroleum jelly from the surface. Rinse & gently blot or pat dry with a CLEAN towel or air dry.
4. DO NOT bandage again or apply any sort of ointment or petroleum jelly.
5. Continue to wash tattoo 3-5 times a day for the first few days. Keep your tattoo clean & dry.
6. Weeping will occur the first 24 hours. Be sure to continue washing this off to avoid scabbing.
7. After a few days your tattoo will start to become dry and flaky. When this occurs you should reduce the washing to about twice a day.
8. DO NOT pick or scratch at your tattoo.
9. DO NOT soak your tattoo or otherwise submerge it under water.
10. DO NOT expose your tattoo directly to sunlight.
11. After your tattoo has finished shedding any scabbing that may have developed, you may begin applying a small amount of fragrance free lotion when needed. Using too much lotion will not help the tattoo.
12. If you have any questions before, during or after the healing process please contact your artist.
Things To Consider Before Getting A Tattoo
* Eat a good meal at least two hours before getting tattooed.It makes the tattoo session a lot easier!
* Do not drink heavily or do drugs the night before or day of your tattoo.
* Avoid getting tattooed if the area of skin is dry, sun burned, has scars, or has acne.
* Apply lotion to area of skin being tattooed everyday for a week prior to tattoo.
* Make sure your body is healthy enough to be tattooed (No Cold, Flu, HIV, Diabetes etc.).
* Avoid getting tattooed before a vacation, joining Sports, life guarding, and going to a water park.
* Is your design choice able to be a good looking tattoo? It may not be able to be a tattoo if it is too small or has too much detail.
* Take your time when choosing your tattoo. It is going to be on your body for the rest of your life.
At Twisted Tatt2's & Piercing Studio we are just as concerned with the customer's safety as we are with our own. It all starts with proper hygiene: bathing, hand-washing, clean clothing etc.
Before and after every tattoo and body piercing we clean our area with antimicrobial spray. Every customer gets a one time use needle, when being tattooed or pierced. All needles are also sterilized before hand in our autoclave. The tools used in piercings and the tubes used for tattoos are all scrubbed until spotless, and then sterilized. Disposable ink caps are used to put your ink in, to ensure that every customer gets their own supply of ink.
Our artists and piercers wear disposable latex or nitrile gloves.
We follow these basic guidelines very strictly, along with the universal precautions for cross-contamination. We are proud to say that we helped set the state of New Jersey guidelines and regulations for tattooing and body piercing. If you have any addition questions please contact us at the phone number up top!